Last Modified: December 29, 2018
Collection of Personal and Business Information
As an end-user of our Website and Service, whether you establish an account or not, we may still collect certain non-personally identifiable information, such as:
- IP address and location data, including geo-location data derived from your IP address;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Website and Service;
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website and Service, for example, your browser information and session duration; and
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you post or otherwise provide to us.
To establish an account with us, or in the process of creating Clinic Pages, we may collect personal and business information including, but not limited to, your:
- Full name;
- Business name(s);
- Business address;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Social media profile links (including, for example, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, Twitter and other account URL’s);
- Profile photos, business logos and trademarks (where you elect to upload them);
- Payment, banking and credit card information; and
- All other information you provide on our Website or Service or otherwise, including as part of drafting your Clinic Page. We may also request business identification document, such as articles of incorporation or business licenses, to support any claim that you are the owner of a particular business or Clinic.
Please note that third-party service providers, may have their own privacy policies on the collection and use of your information which either we or you provide them.
Credit Card and Payment Processing Companies
We may also collect credit card and payment information from you via a third-party payment provider. Their additional terms of service and privacy policies may apply to the collection and use of your personal information. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
The Use of Your Personal Information
The collection of your personal information may also be used to:
- Facilitate the ordinary operation of the Website and Service;
- Verify your contact information;
- Verify you are the owner or a duly authorized representative of a particular business or clinic;
- Promote our Website and Service offerings to you in various forms of communication;
- Support and improve the Website and Service we offer;
- Provide user support;
- Communicate with you about your account or services we offer;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us;
- To meet legal requirements;
- To enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law; and
- Enhance our Service offerings to you and offer you related products and services, whether by advertisements or otherwise.
IN ADDITION, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE YOUR CONTENT AND INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION) UPLOADED OR COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE, SERVICE OR OTHERWISE TO THIRD PARTIES IF REQUIRED BY LAW (SUCH AS IN RESPONSE TO A SUBPOENA, COURT ORDER OR OTHER LEGAL PROCESS IN ANY JURISDICTION), AND TO COOPERATE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES IN THE INVESTIGATION OF ANY CRIMINAL OR CIVIL MATTER.
IF WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO MAKE ANY DISCLOSURE OF YOUR CONTENT OR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS INFORMATION, WE MAY (BUT ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO) PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) PRIOR TO SUCH DISCLOSURE SO THAT YOU MAY TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share personal and business information to our suppliers, partners and employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected.
We also operate the Websites and Service in conjunction with our independent contractors. Our independent contractors may have access to your personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the Website and Service. We may use a variety of service providers, servers, data hosting providers, email providers, advertisers or employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Service is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. If you would like us to delete any personal information we hold about you, please contact us.
Our Website and Service may place a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. Disabling cookies on your web browser may interrupt the proper use of the Website and Service.